Friday, October 7, 2016

Dining and drinking review: Indo Asian Street Eatery Redux

One of the perks of living at The Esplanade is the 100+ restaurants and bars located in walking distance of our home. Thankfully, "The Esplanade News" has our two in-house food and drink reviewers, Ted Broussard and Kurt Kwon, who provide us with a steady diet of reflections on these establishments. Sometimes, Ted and Kurt will revisit a previously-reviewed restaurant to give us an update, and such is the case today, as Kurt gives his update on Indo Asian Street Eatery. To see Kurt's original review of this restaurant, click HERE.

Indo Asian Street Eatery is located at 110 N. Tacoma Ave.

Review and photos by Kurt Kwon
Sometimes you have to let a new restaurant mature, like fine wine, before you can appreciate it. My last review of Indo Asian wasn’t too kind. However, I did mention they were new and I would revisit them again.


I’m glad I did because they fixed the major issue for me…portion size vs. price. My biggest complaint was the portion size last time. This time, the portions were surprisingly filling from appetizer to entrée. I actually had to box up an entire entrée because I was so full from the other food.

Indo Asian is truly a blend of the best and most popular Asian cuisines. I had the salt and pepper tofu again and it was good as last time. I also ordered the shrimp and pork dumplings as an appetizer. It comes in a large bowl with 6 giant dumplings covered in a delectable black bean, spicy-type sauce. It was excellent, I highly recommend it.


For dinner I chose the Khao Soi Chicken. It is a traditional Thai dish that has coconut curry broth, chicken, egg noodles, and pickled mustard greens. It is the best of a noodle dish and curry dish in one - very flavorful in a yellow curry sauce and quite filling. The other dish ordered was the Korean BBQ Kimchi Bowl. It was a bowl filled with rice, marinated Korean beef, pickled daikon and carrots along with, of course, kimchi. I was a bit skeptical to order the dish because of the kimchi. I couldn’t imagine the kimchi being any good at a non-Korean restaurant. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the authenticity of it. I doubt they make it there, but if they do, even more kudos to them. The beef was tender, flavorful and plentiful.

The service also improved, as I expected. They were attentive but not obtrusive. The dining experience was great and I can now recommend you giving them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment