Monday, June 26, 2017

Esplanade news blog on hiatus

Avid readers of this blog may have noticed it has been pretty quiet lately. My apologies.

Partly the silence has been due to the end of the school year, given that yours truly has a day job involving 140 teenagers taking final exams, submitting final projects, wanting their yearbooks signed, desperately trying to salvage their final grades, etc.

But I also have to note that in recent weeks the Esplanade Building Manager and the HOA President have been beating me to the punch quite often. Just when I think I ought to write a blog post, a notice will go up in the elevators, or an email will go out to all residents, stealing my thunder. Of course, multiple streams of communication are good, and I probably should write the blog post anyway. Additionally, I do think the blog serves added purposes - I also try to cover neighborhood happenings that would not always be communicated by building management. And of course, we all love Ted and Kurt's food and drink reviews as well.

So... the blog is definitely still active, and there will be many more posts to come.

However - it's going to be quiet for another three weeks. This is because I am headed off on a little vacation, where I will have neither the means nor the inclination to post on the blog. Again, my apologies. I will be gone for the first couple weeks of the deck re-surfacing, and I will miss the 7/13 board meeting, so there will be no update. Someone really should go to the meeting and make sure the board doesn't try to pull any funny business while I'm gone. Just kidding, Kathryn.

Anyway, thank you very much to the blog readers (both of you!) for your continued patronage, and I will see you here when I return.

-Dan

P.S. - I know that many of you receive these blog posts via your email, and I just wanted to remind you that in addition to the email updates, the blog is a real, live website as well, which you can visit any time. You can browse ALL of the blog's posts from the last few years at The Esplanade News - click HERE.

Additionally, the blog is connected to the main Esplanade News website, which has an events calendar, contact information, FAQs, archives of ALL important documents (financial statements, building rules, meeting notes, etc.). Click HERE for all that good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment