Friday, October 31, 2014

Q&A with new building manager Jonathan Chaffin


Last week The Esplanade welcomed Jonathan Chaffin as our new building manager, replacing Kevin Overson. We thought it would be nice to introduce Jonathan to the building with a "Question and Answer" feature, and Jonathan was kind enough to oblige. Please feel free to use the comments section below to post any welcome messages!

Q: What are your first impressions of the building, the neighborhood, or the residents?
A: I really have a good feeling about the building, and the residents. I enjoy working here.

Q: What can you tell us about yourself personally?
A: I have a sense of humor; I'm wearing a tux [see photo] for Halloween! I have also lived a very interesting life - I have even fed a grizzly bear a can of dog food in the middle of the Yukon. You might say it's crazy and possibly a dumb thing to do. But it's an awesome memory I will cherish for years to come. I was probably 10 or 12 feet from the bear. A real remarkable animal.

Q: What kinds of previous work experience do you bring to this new job?

A: I used to manage 25 shopping centers in Jacksonville Florida. I have owned my own business for the past four and a half years. I was a electrician for a few years, and I have done plumbing. I enjoy being around people.

Q: What can residents of The Esplanade do to make your job easier?
A: I'm still thinking about this one. :)

Q: Anything else you would like to say or share?
A: I look forward to being here for a few years. It's a wonderful building with a great mixture of good people. I'm not so good with names, so please forgive me if I don't recognize you in the hall when passing or I forget your name. I strive to keep the building safe and secure and clean, and I am looking out for your best interest in keeping our building secure. Feel free to let me know if you see anything out of sorts.

1 comment: